Not those naughty but nice cookies we all love to eat - we’re talking about very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages.
It's important to understand that cookies can't harm your computer. We use them to improve your experience of the site and also to help us identify and resolve errors within our site. We also use them and some clever tools to provide us with information in an anonymous form that helps us provide the right products and experience for our customers.
To order products on Rockar, you do need to have cookies enabled. If you don't, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes but you will miss some of the website features. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing Cookies below for further help to turn them on or off should you need to.
Want to find out more about Cookies in general – then visit: - http://www.allaboutcookies.org
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Rockar, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details. They simply hold the “key” that, once you are signed in, is associated with this information.
Our site uses a mixture of session and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment that you log into our site until the moment you log off – once you do, they are deleted. Persistent cookies are not deleted after each session. Our cookies fall into 4 main types:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these are essential to our site and if disabled, your experience on our site will not be at its best and you will not be able to order a car.
- Performance Cookies – these collect anonymous data about our visitors which we use to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users maybe experiencing.
- Functionality Cookies – these customise the look and feel of our site, for example remembering your user name or car registration number for the next time you visit.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies – these cookies help us to see what you click on whilst on our site. This enables us to better understand the products that interest you and helps us to monitor the effectiveness of an advertising campaign or price change.
Third party cookies may also be used in our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website (eg Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin).
However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Rockar, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this.
To enable/disable cookies
Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
- For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
- For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option